Help Me Volunteer In Thailand And Laos

Thursday, November 13, 2008

FLAMINGO - CROQUET MALLET / PROCESS

INITIAL SKETCH OF HEAD


FINAL PENCIL DRAWING


CUT LINO


INKED LINO


I just finished the next piece for the "Alice" project. This one is being reproduced approx. 4 feet tall for 7 dancers to use as props. It's my version of the flamingo croquet mallets that the Duchess uses.

Probably a little more twisted than other illustrated versions, but the way I looked at was that if you were going to use my head to hit a croquet ball, I probably wouldn't have a sublime look on my face either.

So, here's the process from original pencil sketch of the head, (which I really felt was the most important part of the illustration), to the inked linoleum. I'll be posting the final printed image in the morning after it's dry.

No comments: