Help Me Volunteer In Thailand And Laos

Monday, April 28, 2008

WIRE FLOWER PROTOTYPE




Working with the same materials I used to do the Wire Butterflies, I cut out a zillion flower shapes from window screen, spray painted them and then attached straight pins through the center of all of the layers to create a prototype.

Yes, a hell of a lot of work, but pretty amazing results.

5 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

this is very beautiful... makes quite an effect... cool!
That is a lot of cutting... do your hands get cut or scratched up in the process... what is it for?

dberube-art said...

Thanks Gwen, it's a prototype for a display concept for a high-end fashion company. Ultimately it would be produced w/1000's of flowers.

Fortunately, I will not be cutting them. As far as my hands getting scratched up from this project, after many, many, many years of working with my hands and being less than delicate with them, it takes a lot to penetrate my skin. I did however have to pick quite a few little bits of wire out of my socks, shoes and well.... other places.

Gwen Buchanan said...

that will be an amazing project .. using something so stiff and crisp to make something so delicate and fragile as a petal..

... hope you found all those odd bits of wire!!Funny!!

the ice chewer said...

Beautiful!!!! Even more than real flowers

dberube-art said...

Thanks Chewer!!!
They really do make a special affect, it's always fun to see these things when they're grouped together.