Help Me Volunteer In Thailand And Laos

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

THINGS BREAK


So I worked a 13 hour day today in a showroom and at hour 12:45 as the group of us were hanging the last of 30+ massive frames I heard this crazy loud crashing sound. It caught me of guard but I wasn't that surprised as anyone who's worked in windows or showrooms setting up display elements knows that things break. The bizarre thing was that this 8 foot tall/4 foot wide mirror attached to a wall had absolutely nothing to do with anything we were doing today and for whatever reason, It decided to detach itself from the wall and shatter into thousands of pieces. One of my friends was about 4 feet away from it when it hit the ground, but everyone survived without injury.

3 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

I had a mirror incident where an antique mirror went crashing to the floor in the middle of the night. Broke to bits .. Even the frame was in splinters... unsavable

re:post on Garden)
Similiar but different... when you spoke about "maintaining sanity in a city like this"...
I can relate... the Rush of the City to the solitude of this rural village... two extremes... where Art keeps you sane!

Anonymous said...

I love the sound of breaking glass!! -Spikula

David Berube BerubeArt said...

Re; Gwen - I'd be happy to switch places with you any time. Bags are packed, ready to go!!! ;0)
Been here for 11 years, after Boston and Chicago, can't help thinking that dowsizing is the way to go.