Help Me Volunteer In Thailand And Laos

Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm Alive - Just Barely

JANUARY 9 2007

Just in case anyone is wondering why I haven't posted any "Face" bulletins or blog entries in a while, (weeks), it's because I've been battling a couple of colds, a pinched nerve in my neck and a farely heavy workload.

The cold snap here in NYC really hit me hard and the fact that we have 8 windows, (no storm windows), and live in an apartment on the corner of a 100+ year old building has made adjusting to the temperature change a little difficult. After a few days of wearing wool caps indoors, we finally convinced the landlord that it was in fact freezing cold in the building. It's the same thing every year, it gets cold, we complain that their isn't enough heat over and over again, we finally threaten to file a complaint with the city and the heat comes on. Of course by that time my immune system is depleted, I haven't slept properly in days and I get sick.

So... Although I've been keeping up with drawing a "Face" each day, I haven't been doing much printing, aside from a "Face" proposal I'm working on for a client. (More abt. that when it's more than just talk). And I haven't really been dealing with my blog.

Hopefully a few days off this weekend will do the trick and by the time I get back from my work trip to Las Vegas I'll be back to the production rate I'm used to and I'll be able to post a few more "Face" bulletins.

One Star Sighting to note, last week while walking to work I noticed a small group of people gathered around a bleached blond woman in front of the McGraw-Hill corporate building somewhere in the 40's/50's just before 6th Ave. As I got closer I realised that it was Cyndi Lauper taking pictures and autographs with fans. She looked really good!!!



On that note, it's time to get ready for work.

Stay Warm and Stay Healthy!!!

No comments: