Help Me Volunteer In Thailand And Laos

Monday, May 7, 2012

A GREY DAY IN SOHO, NYC

Finally finished my Soho painting. Not particularly thrilled with it. Way too many details and lots of stop and go between when I started it and when I finished it. These little paint projects are supposed to be "sketches", the idea being that I take reference shots from my day and paint them as documentation, a visual journal of my life, the people I love, the things I see. Unfortunately with subject matter like buildings in Soho on a gray day, there isn't a lot of emotion attached to the reference. Actually looking forward to moving on to the next, a portrait of my friend Chad Pace. Far more interesting. But I have a crazy work week lined up and I want to avoid the whole stop and go thing this time.



Here's the process for the Soho Painting. Start to finish.












No comments: