Help Me Volunteer In Thailand And Laos

Saturday, November 3, 2012

WOOD VESSELS

I decided upon my return to NYC from Thailand to create a special little hand-carves vessel to hold a tiny Buddha I purchased while at a visit ti Wat Doi Suthep.

This little vessel carving ended up being the first of 2 others that I worked on while I was stuck in the apartment during the recent storm we experienced in NYC and the region. The additional 2 carvings hold heart-shaped stones I've picked up over the years and am ready to set free.


























Eventually these other 2 little vessels, (and a few more), with all of their imperfections, will be gold-leafed and ready for sale.


1 comment:

Gardeningbren said...

These are beautiful. I hope you post photos when they are gold leafed.

Loved your recent lino print. Having only made two in my life, I know the demands on the hands for such an exquisite carving.