Help Me Volunteer In Thailand And Laos

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

MIAMI - SUMMERFOLK PRESS BOOK RELEASE

SUNSET


I just got back from a quick work trip to Miami. Fortunately, I was staying a beach pebbles throw away from the shore and despite the fact that I was busy during the day with work obligations, I did manage to have my breakfast coffee on the beach and end my day on the beach. I snapped a few pics as all of the early morning joggers and bike riders were getting their day started and I even managed to do a quick lino sketch.

MORNING NORTH


MORNING SOUTH


I think the last time I was in Miami was 20 years ago, so this was a treat for me. Monday evening I managed to go for a long walk on the beach and discovered that when I turned off the beach, I was in the heart of the area with all of the restored Deco hotels lining Ocean drive. Night time didn't really afford the best viewing opportunities to scope out the architectural details of these gems, but it was a pleasant and welcome surprise.

DECO BUILDING ACROSS STREET FROM HOTEL


In other news, I've paired up with Literary Artist, Brandon Lacy Campos and the folks at Summerfolk Press for a book of poetry with accompanying images from my "A Face A Day" series. We're still in the intitial book forming stages and are looking for a 2010 release date, but thought I would share the great news as this will be my first published book work. Stay tuned for regular updates.

GIRL ON TRAIN - "A FACE A DAY" SERIES

3 comments:

Brandon Lacy Campos said...

Our book is going to be fantastic. It Ain't Truth If it Doesn't Hurt by Brandon Lacy Campos and art by David Berube.

Brandon Lacy Campos said...

I can't believe you went to the beach without me. When we go to Bali, you are exiled to the other side of the island from me.

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

Dear Berube,

I like to invite you for a very special opening
Small Works Gallery
January. 31(Saturday, week from today )
80 Washington Square, NYC
from Noon to 4pm

if you're around
will be a good oportunity to get together and see some small wonders