Help Me Volunteer In Thailand And Laos

Monday, September 24, 2007

Berube Bugs

JULY 20 2007

As a side affect of cutting out so much linoleum for various projects over the years I end up with zillions of small seemingly unusable pieces of linoleum. Not one to waste anything, I decided to use the small pieces for mini-prints and what goes perfect with a mini-sized piece of linoleum? Bugs, creatures, and various tidbits from the deepeset, darkest recesses of my brain.

The pile of mini linoleum was getting to be a bit much this past month so I decided to go on a bug hunting expedition and this is what I came up with.

After I get enough of a variety of theses guys and gals printed up I plan on hand-stitching an edition of small fold-out books. For now, here's the small grouping of Berube Bugs I have done.

Let me know what you think.

Just so you know, they're not meant to be perfect. They're usually fast little sketches and often smaller than 2 - 3 inches.

No comments: