Help Me Volunteer In Thailand And Laos

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Keep A Lookout For the Elephant Stampede!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 28 2007

I was recently contacted by Chris Rader from the site 70Star7 regarding designing a T-Shirt to be sold on his site. Why this was so appealing to me was the fact that the t-shirt is created in order to raise funds for the Charity of the Artists choice.

So, Chris and I looked over many of the images that I've created over the past couple of years and we decided that the "Elephant" image from my "Alphabook" series would be a great image to utilise. After much thought, I figured that we could take the original image and print a gold metallic ink on a brown tee and create something visually appealing to everyone.

The way this works out is, the t-shirts sell for $30 each, and after a printing of 70 tees sells out completely, a donation of $1050.00 goes to a charity of the artists choice and $70.00 goes to a person in need, also choice of the artist.

I've decided to choose ASPCA, (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), as beneficiary of the sales of my design.

The T-shirt should be out within the first couple weeks of March and I would love it if you could support me and the ASPCA by purchasing a limited edition Tee for yourself, a friend or whoever you think may enjoy the design and the cause.

Peace,
David Berube
DBerube-art

No comments: