Help Me Volunteer In Thailand And Laos

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Call To All Artists: Mail Art Exchange

MAY 22 2007

On September 12 2006 I started a project titled, "A
Face A Day". I've drawn a face inspired by someone,
something, alive, dead, make believe.... each and
every day since September 12th 2006. These drawings
are created on a small piece of linoleum and then
eventually cut out and printed, to date I have 74
images printed up with the remainder of the images
just waiting to be cut out.

As I print these images I usually print a few extra
onto postcard weight pieces, some make it into the
mail, others sit around my studio waiting for a chance
to take a trip through the postal system.

I've been fascinated with mailart my whole life and
thought this would be a great opportunity to exchange
work with other mail artists.

In keeping with my "A Face A Day" project, I'd like to
exchange postcards with your version of a portrait.
Once again the subject of the portrait is up to your
interpretation of that. This should be your artwork and not a reproduction of your artwork. Please include the date of
creation along with the image.

End date is May 22 2008, your postcards will be posted
on my MySpace blog as I receive them.

Please include your full address, email address and if
you would like, a link to your site.

I will be sending a postcard of my own to all
participants.

Mail to:
DBerube-Art
462 West 52nd St.
Apt. #3N
NY, NY 10019
USA

No comments: