Help Me Volunteer In Thailand And Laos

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Kick-Ass Art Day

JUNE 1 2007

I don't think I could have had a better day than I've had today. I've completed a submission for a gallery show, just waiting to throw it in the mail tomorrow morning. I had an excellent work out at the gym and I met up with my friend and fellow artist Adi to do a Chelsea Gallery tour.

We saw some amazing art, an Andy Goldsworthy installation, Mr., actually working on a huge mural in the Lehmann Maupin Gallery, (Adi can speak Japanese and was able to talk to him abt. his work). Tim Hawkinson had some amazing mixed-media and kinetic pieces at the Pace Wildenstein Gallery and one of the last places we stopped in had this wonderful installation by Mrzyk and Moriceau incorporating their black and white drawings and on-wall paintings with the work of Andy Warhol, Tom Wesselmann, Jean Michel Basquiat and Keith Haring. But the highlight of our Gallery Tour was when we bumped into one of my all-time favorite living artists - Chuck Close. Not one to be impressed by famous people, I actually made the effort to say, "Hello, Mr. Close". I didn't get the chance to tell him how inspirational he and his artwork are to me, but just getting a chance to see him was more than enough. He was incredibly friendly, said, "Hello" back to me with a great big smile and zoomed away in his wheelchair.

MR.





Mrzyk and Moriceau



Chinese Artist - I have to do a little research, I forgot his name




Street Art



No comments: