Help Me Volunteer In Thailand And Laos

Monday, September 24, 2007

Sending Out 2 More "PORTRAIT" MailArt Post Cards

JUNE 19 2007

So I finished the next 2 post cards that I'm sending out to the 2 international submissions I rcv'd for my "Portrait" MailArt Call. They went into the post this morning. 1 to Belgium and the other to Spain.

I'm having a hell of a lot of fun making these. Since these images aren't officially part of my "A Face A Day" series, it allows me a bit of freedom by taking previously cut portrait linos and essentially doing whatever it is I feel like doing to them. For these 2, I also added a new linocut to the front of the card. Following in the steps of a series I started many, many years ago called "Berube Bugs", I've created a new bug and printed it on to a bunch of post cards. Something I haven't done in at least a year. What essentially started out as a way of using scrap pieces of linoleum and scrap pieces of great printmaking paper over the years has turned into a collection of 30 or so bugs.

On another note, I'll be heading out to Columbus Ohio on Thursday to hang out and work with my friend Delmas. He's an incredible Vegan chef, with his own Vegan meal delivery service in Columbus. This weekend there's a big community festival and I offered my services to Del. This way I get to hang out with one of my favorite people in the world, play outside, eat great food and get the hell out of NYC for 6 days.

Since we'll be working at least 12 hour days all weekend, it'll be a little quiet on the MySpace front.

I have the day Monday to myself, and I have new camera, so if all goes well I should have some pics for you.

Peace,
David

No comments: